In 1946, the Corps of Military Staff Clerks was disbanded and the RCASC was made responsible for the training of all "Clerks Administrative". The peacetime reorganization of April 22, 1948 saw the retention of only one RCASC field transport compaany , the end of both the district system in Canada and RCASC Water Transport. Geographic commands and areas were established and within a few years eighteen RCASC static companies were authorized in Canada.During the same period,establishments were developed for the catering staff of all field force units and all cooks became RCASC.
In 1950 and 1951. Canada committed army brigades to both the Commonwealth Division in the Korean War and to NATO forces in Europe. To support these brigades and to allow for unit rotations, the RCASC was authorized to increase its field force from one to four transport companies and to establish four new movement control groups. The RCASC also embarked on two new endeavors in 1953. Officers began training as pilots in anticipation of adding an "air truck" element to its field transport capabilities and it joined in an Apprentice Training Program aimed at training 16 year olds to be the future NCO's of the army.
During 1954 the Canadian Army implemented a divisional concept. This placed the field transport companies, located in Camp Borden plus a new divisional troops company under the command of Headquarters, 1 Canadian Infantry Divisional Column RCASC. The concept was short lived and in 1958 HQ 1 Cdn Inf Div Colm and the divisional troops company were disbandedand the remaining companies reassigned to their brigades. ( Over the next decade, the transport companies would be located with their parent brigades and no RCASC field element would remain in Camp Borden.
When the United Nations Emergency orce was formed in the Middle East, the formation of 56 Canadian Transport Company was authorized on 17 December 1956 and deployed to the Suez Canal area. The formation of the long awaited RCASC aviation unit , 1 Transport Helicopter Platoon was finally approved on 10 December 1963. The diverse RCASC haad reached its peak of about 7,000 personnel deployed to almost 300 locations across the world.
The RCASC was still organizing its last approved unit when others began to be discarded. In 1964, the Canadian Army relinquished its responsibilities for the North West Highway System and activities at Fort Churchill. Thus the RCASC's two most northerly static companies were disbanded. The first step in the integration of the Canadian Forces was the formation of Canadian Forces headquarters in 1964/65. The Directorates of Supplies , Transport and Movements were intergrated with parallel RCN and RCAF entities to form the intergrated Director-General Transportation division and the Commandant of the RCASC School assumed the responsibilities of Head of Corps on 24 November 1964.
On April 1st 1966, the integrated Canadian Forces Command and Base structure was implemented , all RCASC command and area S&T offices and static companies officially ceased to exist and the one remaining movement control group became an air movements unit. Also in 1966, the Suttie Commission Report resulted in all RCASC militia columns being disbanded and most of the militia companies being absorbed into militia service battalions.
In late 1966, 56 Cdn Tpt Coy was stripped of its RCASC status to become Canadian Base Units Transport Company. On July 27th 1967, the last of 850 RCASC apprentice soldiers graduated and on Aug 31st, the RCASC school was redesignated the Canadian Forces School of Administration and Logistics.
On February 1st 1968, the Canadian Forces branches ( Logistics. Administration, Air Operations etc ) were formed. While RCASC uniforms and badges continued to be worn , all corps personnel were reassigned to these branches.