The cap badge worn during WW2 was first introduced in 1937 under general order 50. While the same badge was worn throughout the war, there were a significant number of variants. For other ranks, the cap and collar badges were made of brass. In the case of officers, the badges differed depending on the uniform. Bronze badges were to be worn with service dress while Gilt and Silver badges would be worn on the coloured field service cap.
Other ranks cap badges came in a number of variants. None of the badges are maker marked.